Monday, March 17, 2014

Repurposing Food



I didn't grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth, it was more like a plastic spork! So I am a fan of leftovers! It can be leftovers from food I made at home or the "doggy bags" from eating out. Sometimes I reheat them as they are and eat. Other times I have taken components from the leftovers and made a whole new meal! Either way its saves money on your food budget!

One problem for me was that sometimes I'd forget one of my leftovers and would find it when it was too late! Dang it!! So I decided to designate a shelf in the refrigerator for all leftovers and its the 2nd shelf for me. I can see most everything and my brain is now programmed to look there. Plus it also keep me in check for how much I can store on that shelf, so the leftovers get rotated out and eaten. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment