Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Are You Ready For Thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving is in a few days!
Are you ready?
I am!
And I am calm.

How am I calm during what is considered a stressful time? I planned!

I am the cook for the family for Thanksgiving. After a few stress filled holidays, I learned to create a binder. My binder consists of:

Family recipes
My recipes
A timeline of events (which can be modified)
Inventory of thanksgiving related supplies AFTER thanksgiving (so I know what to buy later)

Also I have a container filled with Thanksgiving related supplies.

I usually buy my food supplies a week before Thanksgiving. Sometimes I have many of the ingredients already. I open the binder and look in the kitchen and pull out what i have already. And shop for what I need.

All of these things has made my life easier for Thanksgiving. Maybe this would work for you too!!
 Its not too late to start the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment