Saturday, September 20, 2014

M is for Momentum




You made the choice to begin something. You feel that you have the commitment to yourself. You are ready! Many times it’s easy to start a project and be completely excited! But I do know there are some days when you are having a hard time caring. The question is: how do I keep the momentum going?

There is no easy answer. There is ONE answer. It’s up to YOU to keep the momentum going. I always say that it begins and ends with YOU. So if that is true, then there are several ways to support that thought and stay motivated. You can do a buddy system. Some people like having a friend or family member with them every step of the way. Just remember you have to pick the person who will be a right fit for you.  Others turn to support groups or church for empowerment to go on.

Personally I like being around like minded people. People who are making change happen in their lives. Two to five minutes after I’m around people like that, I feel re energized! And they don’t have to be doing the exact same thing I’m doing. Just hearing them talk about the things they are accomplishing, turns me on!

I’m a pretty self sufficient person but even I have my days. So I have a gift for you: It’s OK to have days where you are NOT motivated! Sometimes it’s a sign that you are doing too much or pushing too hard. Take a break. Relax. Regenerate. For me it’s working in my garden, or doing yoga or reading a book! You can be superhuman! Just be mindful that you are just taking a break and not giving up or stopping all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment