Friday, May 9, 2014

It's My Party And I Can...





TOMORROW is my 45th Birthday! At 10:10 pm on May 10th at John Wesley Hospital in Los Angeles, I was born! I usually go on a trip somewhere and celebrate that way. But this year I need to stay in town. Luckily for me my birthday falls on a weekend. A nice weekend. So I decided to do something out of my comfort zone. ( I encourage others to try that every once in awhile.) I decided to throw a small gathering of peeps to celebrate ME! So here's what I decided to do (you may steal this idea if you want):

I booked myself a nice loft suite at a nice hotel in Hollywood. It is also next to the restaurant I want to go for dinner AND near many bars that I  LIKE that we can go to afterwards for drinks. At my suite, I will have drinks and snacks available while people arrive and visit with me in an intimate setting. ( Also if folks need to finish getting ready, the option is there too.) We will visit. Also I wanted to do something funny and childlike YET add an adult twist. I will have a small pinata filled with small plastic bottles of booze in it! (Pictured above) That should be fun to hit and break open after a few REAL big drinks.

Also I went to Party City, 99 Cent Store and a local party place and got some balloon centerpieces (they are a 4 and a 5), Eco friendly plates and utensils and faux fancy plastic glasses. It should all make for a fun night in AND out! It didn't cost me too much and there was no stress setting it up. If you are not a big party person and don't have the funds or time off to go on a big vacations AND you have a small group of friends that you would'nt mind spending YOUR day with AND together, then consider what i'm doing. If all goes well, this could possibly become a tradition....

No comments:

Post a Comment