Thursday, May 1, 2014

Mayday Mayday!



Continuing my theme this week, I'm going to challenge you again today on May 1st! Spring is in full effect! Hopefully you have been taking my small steps this week in the Spring Cleaning process. If you haven't I challenge you to go back and do each one! These little steps will do wonders for your space AND they wont take up much of your time! Today's challenge is in the closet!

I want everyone to go to their closets with either clothes or jackets and coats in them. If its a closet with just one bar to hang everything that's what you'll work on. If the closet has multiple sides and bars, just pick ONE side or bar. Then pull out everything that is old, tattered, stains, stretched and if its clothes, you can possibly make them into rags for cleaning  (cotton is great for that) Or throw them out. I'm not one for donating bad clothing. Not nice. OR go through and pick out everything that doesn't fit, or you haven't worn in years. And I mean 3 to 5 years. Give away or donate. Put in a bag immediately for take out.

I do make ONE exception with coats and jackets. IF you REALLY forgot it was back there, then this is a great time to see it. If you really think you will NOW wear it, then rotate it to the front of the line so that it doesn't get lost again. (I have done that with my shoes.)

How does it look in their now? More space? How long did that take you? How does it feel?
Spring cleaning doesnt  have to happen at once for 8 hours. Smaller, quicker cleaning moments work as weel.

No comments:

Post a Comment