Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Just A Packing Tip: Another Use For Ziploc Bags



I travel a lot so that means I pack luggage a lot. One thing I hated was when I got to my destination and opened my luggage all of my stuff was a jumbled mess. A fellow organizer suggested to me that I put my stuff in Ziploc bags!

Yes Ziploc bags! I use big ones and small ones.  Rather than having my suitcase explode all over the hotel room every time I open it, I like to keep everything separated in zip-lock bags or packing cubes. One bag will hold socks, one bag will hold a few t-shirts, etc. The clear bags make it easy for me to find things, will help keep everything wrinkle free, can save space (if you compress all the air out), and makes it easy for the TSA to root through my belongings if they have to do a search. It can also be handy to pack an entire outfit, from top to underwear, in each bag, so you just have to grab one bag in the morning and you can be dressed without having to think about it.  Same goes for small items like chargers and medicines. And then everything stays in its place and its easier to pack everything. (Make sure you get the air out of each bag.) And when I unpack form a trip, I keep them in my suitcase for the next trip. 

Ziploc Bags (and other brands) can be found virtually everywhere bags are sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment